A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Deserved Decadence

You know how sometimes, when you hate doing something, you put it off and put it off, and suddenly it's like a monstrous thing that you must do RIGHT NOW or else? I found a way out of it!!

A cleaning woman.

Yep. The roomie and I are prepping for a Rock Band party tonight, and the apartment was in a state. Sure, we could have spent an hour every weekend cleaning things up, wiping down the stove, or dusting the corners of the bathroom, but, well... there's too many games to play. Too much of everything else to do, actually.

So, we wait until it's a necessity, and then we hire a cleaning service. And wow -- the sheer joy of someone else doing all the (literally) dirty work, while I sit here typing. And shortly, reading, since I have a pile of manuscripts to look through for work.

I tell you, it's worth every penny.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home