A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, December 07, 2007

What's Your Song?

Got a fun-filled weekend queued up, starting with our office holiday party. Organized by some of the younger staff, we're all going to a karaoke bar. Combine that with plans for Saturday's Rock Band-a-palooza, and you might just get a sense of my excitement!

So! Karaoke! What's your song, your tried and true?

Me, I love "Closer to Fine" by The Indigo Girls, Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man," or Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

"Secret Agent Man."

Margie does a mean "Mack the Knife."

But I'm flexible. Karaoke is one of those things that I shrink back from in horror but (sssshhhh!) actually love to do.

12/07/2007 10:45 PM

 
Blogger alvinaling said...

My song used to be Toni Braxton's "Un-break My Heart"--it was so fun to make it all melodramatic. But I don't have one song, I like to try new ones. But some of my staples are "All Cried Out" and "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Yes, I like the 80s ballads.

12/10/2007 8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home