A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Darkness on the Edge of Town

There are six fluorescent lightbulbs in the ceiling lights at my office right now, and I have slowly enjoyed the dimmer and dimmer overhead light as the bulbs went out one by one. Three lightbulbs was perfect light, especially to stare at a computer all day. Two was a little dim, but bearable. But this afternoon, one of those two bulbs started flickering, and with a final gasp and a sputter, just went out.

And then there was one.

And yes, it is a little too dark for me. My coworker has threatened to start calling me a mole rat. So I'll let them replace them -- except, I'm already dreading trying to explain to the office manage and maintenance people that I don't actually WANT them to replace all the bulbs. They can replace two of the five dark ones. But that's it!

I can't work if it's too bright.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

You know, that ought to be a Mary Chapin Carpenter song title...

12/12/2007 6:19 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Actually, it's Bruce Springsteen!

12/13/2007 11:05 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Have you thought of just picking up a couple of inexpensive lamps for the space? Get some nice "daylight" or reading bulbs in them. and you should be in nice shape.

I need to look at doing that for my new crypt -- er, office.

12/14/2007 8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home