A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trolling for Questions

So, I'm heading to LA next week for the Annual Summer Conference of the SCBWI, where I'll be speaking with another agent as well as leading two workshops, and meeting with individual authors to offer in-depth critiques of their first 15 pages. But I could use your help, gentle readers. My workshops are planned to be extensions of the popular (I like to kid myself) semi-regular feature on this blog, Advice From An Agent, and while I could just repeat some of my previous advice (and will), I'm hoping to get a few new topics for conversation as well. And so I turn to you. Published and unpublished writers, editors, and friends -- what do you want to ask an agent? Or, what kind of advice to you wish someone had told you when you were starting out? Or what do you wish writers knew?

Thanks for all your help!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

"So, like ... where do you get all your ideas?"

:-)

7/24/2007 1:26 PM

 
Blogger nor said...

I've been writing all of my memoir-style stories on my blog, not knowing what else to do with them. I have vague hopes of one day compiling them into a book, but I have no idea what to do or how to start. 1. Is it a bad idea to post these stories on my blog? 2. Where do I start if I want to do something further with my stories?

Nor in Hoboken - http://comicsandcatheters.blogspot.com/

7/28/2007 9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home