A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Musical tip!

Morning, all! Please don't forget to comment on my previous post with questions you might have for an agent or editor. I need your help!

In other news, I was out late last night at an intimate show by singer/songwriter Brian Halloran at The Baggot Inn in the Village. Good times, great music. You all know how much I hate Myspace, so you can correctly assume that he must be pretty good to warrant my linking to him there. My favorite song of his is "Everybody," which is conveniently available on his page, so go check it out. I have it on good authority that this guy's going places, and you may soon hear his songs popping up on your favorite tv shows or in some movie previews.

It's funny, a couple of years ago I was all about live music, even if it was mostly Irish. I'd be at a bar at least once a week to hear a band, and I usually knew either the band members, some of the fans, or both. That's gone a bit by the wayside lately, as I'm more interested in spending my social time with friends in places where we can actually hear each other talk. I still love great music, though.

And actually, last night reminded me that I like singing and performing, too. I was a musical theatre baby, cutting my teeth in community theatre and learning to tap dance on borrowed, too-small shoes. And you know, sometimes I miss it. I long ago recognized that I wasn't interested in pursuing a life in the New York professional theatre world, which is both too cutthroat and too good for my feeble talents, but in the back of my head, even when I was admitting I really didn't need to keep taking stage combat classes or update my headshot, I thought of a time in the future when I'd be somewhere where community theatre might be a real option again.

And what do you know, it just may be! If not, at least we can find a karaoke bar, right?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Margie does a great rendition of "Mack the Knife" ...

7/25/2007 2:43 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Which I clearly need to hear! So do you know of any nearby karaoke bars?

7/25/2007 2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home