A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So frustrating!

Gah! I'm so annoyed. You'd think, six months on, we'd have figured out the sharing an assistant situation. But no. Once a month, at least, maybe more, the aforementioned assistant complains she has too much work to do, and they try to find some convoluted solution, rather than the sensible one -- if she can't do the work, fire her, and find someone who can.

I don't want to be mean. I am trying not to be mean. But I'm now being asked to save some portion of the work I would give to an assistant for the one day a week that another person will be assisting me. And actually, now that I think of it, it's unclear if that one-day-a-week person is supposed to do ALL my work, or just one day's worth. I must confirm.

Granted, I like and trust the one-day-a-week assistant better, and know that they will be able to do the worker faster and more effectively, but still.

So frustrating!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home