A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Watch me carefully for signs of 'Zilla-dom

I was doing great. Yes, I bought bridal magazines, went through them a couple of times, ripped out photos I liked of flowers, dresses, etc., and kept them together in a notebook with some other plans, but at least I hadn't gone HOG WILD. At least I didn't start BUYING things for my wedding 339 days away. At least I don't have color swatches.

Oh dear.

It's not my fault! Kate's Paperie in Soho was having a moving sale! All their prety, pretty paper at "final sale" prices. And there was these big sheets of velvety purple paper on sale! From $12 a sheet to 5 for $9! In my color! How could I resist?

Sigh.

They're all neatly rolled up in the "wedding corner" of my apartment, with my registry stuff, and Martha Stewart books, and magazines. And my notebook, of course. Repository of all things wedding and girlified.

I also bought a little something else, but that's a secret. Yes, I CAN keep those.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie~

I've been out of the loop for awhile and so just caught up on your news. Congrats!!!!

Best wishes and all that jazz,
Jen T.

5/11/2007 2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home