A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Woohoo! Weekend!

Almost the weekend -- holla! I had a minor breakdown or two this week in trying to get all caught up with work after my mini vacation and an unexpected day out of the office, but I finally feel on top of most things, if not my pile of reading. It'll come, I'm sure. I mean, it could be worse, right? I could have a bunch of crap to read, rather than some manuscripts I'm really looking forward to diving into for a few hours. If only I knew where those few hours were coming from!

Last night began another campaign in one of my favorite RPGS, Tombstone, wherein my character did not survive the first adventure, falling in a hail of bullets, arrows, and being shot in the facedness. Fun! Next adventure (and new character to roll up) next Wednesday.

What else is going on? I may be crashing a party for the Nebula Awards/the Nortons tonight, if only so I can understand the difference between the two terms. Also planning on seeing a friend of mine in what I'm told is a short pee-your-pants-funny one-act play directed by another friend of mine. Yay!

And I look forward to introducing another pal to all my favorite corners of NYC, from the Battery and the Staten Island Ferry, up Broadway and the Canyon of Heroes, to all the great little neighborhoods along the way on uptown, and the great big expanse of cool that is Central Park. If I can remember the contact I met who had an in at the Planetarium, we may even stop there for a little culture. Or whatever I can remember from Watson Adventures' "Museum of Natural Hysteria" scavenger hunt.

Busy weekend planned, and then next week I'm heading out to Denver again for some gaming and redecorating. Woot!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

The Nortons (after Andre Norton) are for "young adult SF and Fantasy." The Nebulas (after Fred Nebula) are, evidently, for "old adult SF and Fantasy."

(ObDisclaimer: I am a particular fan of Andre -- Alice Marie -- Norton.)

5/11/2007 10:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, speaking of New York experiences, when we come to NY for the wedding, Paige (my step daughter) wants to try and get on TRL. Can you help me figure out how to get tickets?? I figure with almost a year to figure it out, I might have a fighting chance. If nothing else she would be willing to hang on the street while they are taping.

5/13/2007 9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home