A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where the hell have I been?

Well, after getting back from Denver and all my travel, I headed back into work on Wednesday ready to tackle the pile of work that had developed while I'd been gone. More of that on Thursday, followed by a geekfest, followed by a Very Bad Kind of Day on Friday. Yes, believe it or not, Lady Optimism is as prone to bad days as anyone else, and this was a big one. Work to do, library organizing that took me and my colleague AWAY from the work we had to do, staffing issues, and big things to discuss with several clients, not to mention a financial headache of my own to deal with. All is well, I promise, but it was a huge and happy thing for me to get home from work last night, curl up on my couch, and enjoy some Tivo'ed entertainment. I'm finally almost all caught up with my tv -- barring a two-part Masterpiece Theatre new version of Jane Eyre with Toby Stephens, and an adaption of one of Philip Pullman's Sally Lockhardt novels, starring Rose Tyler from Doctor Who. Oh, and High School Musical. Because I feel I must see that sometime.

Today, I sat down and contributed a few more articles to Divine Caroline (links to follow shortly), had a big bowl of Cap'n Cunch, and gave writing advice to various friends and clients. I still hope to dive into some manuscripts for work before heading into the city for a birthday soiree, but I've also got one more hour of ER to watch, and dishes to do. Maybe I'll save my reading for tomorrow.

For now, I'm just happy to sit and enjoy my refreshly recovered chair in my little reading nook. Laters!

P.S. On Wednesday, I considered writing a whole "why I'm currently mad at the Catholic Church" post, but I decided not to. Ash Wednesday and all. And despite being mad at them, I still promised myself I'd give up candy for Lent. Not chocolate, mind you. Just candy. I am queen of loopholes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

One can be mad at (or irked toward, or even just not on speaking terms with) the Catholic Church and still give up stuff for Lent. We Episcopalians do it all the time. :-)

And, were I one to chit-chat about my particular Lenten sacrifices, I could tell you that being Jesuitical (as an ex-Catholic) and very precise while *still* maintaining the spirit of Lent is (I'm hoping) perfectly acceptible in the eyes of the Guy we're doing it toward.

(But if He nails you for it, you didn't hear it from me.)

2/24/2007 11:05 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

My attitude toward the Cathoic church has been that of a medium-level divorce. We're not friends, but I don't go out of my way to abuse my ex. I miss JPII, but now I feel like I can move on...

I feel like the worst part of Chrisitanity is playing blind men and the elephant, and refusing to acknowledge there are other blind men, let alone other parts of the elephant.

2/25/2007 11:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home