A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Rapid is a matter of perspective

Bathroom break outside of Rapid City, South Dakota, at the edge of the Black Hills. So far, Doyce has efused to stop at a wild horse sanctuary, turn off towards Mount Rushmore, let me bathe in Hot Springs, or go to see the World's Lagrest Ball of Twine. There was no sign for that, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

In other news, we drove through Wyoming in a wind stroms and were nearly overtaken by a swarm of tumbleweeds.

More later!

(For some reason, I couldn't get this to post any of the multiple times I tried to send it fom my blackberry, a casualty of the lack of service, I guess.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ahh...

So you took the northern route and you were taunted by touristy goodness. ;P

Yes, there are reasons why Wyoming is the least populated state in the Union, and wind is but part of the reason.

The horse sanctuary would have been cool (if it is the one that I am thinking of), and if you had gone farther north (to Gillette, Wy) via 59 you could have seen a huge buffalo herd.

Some day when you make that trip again, take an extra day to see "stuff". :)

2/20/2007 2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home