A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Sage Advice

So I'm sitting here at Doyce's, snowbound, and in-between marathon CoH sessions and other stuff, my eyes keep drifting to that book I mentioned a couple of posts back, No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog. And I thought -- well, I'll be here for another whole week, almost, and I have lots of writing to do, and that may as well includde blogging, right?

So I flipped open the book to page 6 (As Julie Andrews once sang, "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start.") and uncovered idea #5: Be a Sage. Basically, share some great advice you've received.

And so, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions AND travel tips, this brilliant piece of sage wisdom I received from Tom Cahill, author of How The Irish Saved Civilization, on planning a trip to Ireland (but it works just as well as a resolution!):
Be Sober For Part of Each Day.
What's the best/most memorable advice YOU ever received?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

If you could have one wish, wish for joy.

12/30/2006 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Ali said...

See, here's the thing - I TOTALLY want to read what people ate for lunch.

1/01/2007 6:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't whizz on the electric fence.
My Grandpa taught me long before Ren and Stimpy.

Seriously - Learn to admit when you are wrong, to yourself AND to others.

1/05/2007 12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home