A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post-holiday wrap-up

The chaos is contained for another year, as all the presents have been unwrapped (even the ones Mom forgot to give us last year, merrily marked "2005") and the little munchkins all headed home last night with new stuffed animals and video games. Christmas dinner was a family affair, with Mom under the weather, my sisters and I and my sister's partner put together a yummy meal of filet mignon, au gratin potatoes, string beans, corn, crescent rolls (a family gathering staple), and macaroni and cheese. So yummy! Dessert was butterscoth pudding pie in a graham cracker crust, a yellow cake iced with a Christmas tree on top, and a collection of cookies. Weight Watchers be damned -- well, sort of. Only had one helping of dinner, and a tiny slice of both cake and pie, but having skipped lunch, I figured I was owed. Besides, my week (and my weekly points) resets on Mondays, so I had plenty of points to play with!

It's a quiet day at the family homestead today, as I try to fit all my presents into the lowest number of bags for the return trip home to the city this evening. Luckily, I found a wireless connection from a neighbor somewhere, so I may get onto CoH later when Mom takes another nap. I didn't get any other toys to play with, unless you count a skillet and a new set of flatware. But I am now totally prepped for a fantastic winter party! Just need to plan one...

Hope your day was merry and relaxing, and your holidays continue to be fun. I'm off tomorrow to Denver to enjoy some real winter weather! Ho ho ho!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Just in time for the snow storm Thursday.

Sounds like you had a great time! :)

12/27/2006 4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home