A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

More Prague! More Pictures!

Considering the readership of our blogs is pretty well cross-polinated, you've probably already seen that Doyce posted recaps of Day Two and Day Three of our trip to Prague, but for those of you that don't normally go read his stuff... Go! To whet your appetite, another picture.

Also, a report from the movies, where I'm diving into the plethora of films available to me in the pre-Oscar, pre-holiday glut of entertainment. Marie Antoinette is better than Lost in Translation, I think, very pretty, very pink, but ultimately unsatisfying. The Prestige is, simply, brilliant. I saw it on Friday and had to get up early Saturday morning, but my mind wouldn't let me fall asleep easily, still turning over all the twists and turns of the film in my head. Oh! And! Parts of it were shot at the Stanley, in Estes Park, though they said it was Colorado Springs. But I knew better.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

is that not the Broadmoor, in Colorado Springs?
hmmmm.

10/23/2006 4:55 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Well, the picture I posted was definitely the Stanley, and I thought I recognized lots of shots from it in the movie too, but I've never been to the Broadmoor, so I can't say definitively.

10/23/2006 7:08 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

The Broadmoor

Good to hear The Prestige is worth going to...I think I'll go next weekend.

10/23/2006 11:58 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh. I'm sure you're right. I shall have to make someone take me there.

10/24/2006 12:10 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Broadmoor, very much like the Stanley, visually, kindasorta.

Someone to take you?

Hmm... I'll ask around... everyone might be busy, th--

Oh. :)

10/24/2006 12:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home