A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Two things

One, it was brought to my attention that I have an odd propensity for using the word "Woot!" in my posts. This seems to me patently unfair to other fun and exciting exclamations of joy and/or surprise, and I'd like to open the floor for suggestions of other injections. I'm rather fond of the idea of strangely outdated sayings, like "Cor blimey!" and "Cracking!". Doyce suggests "Shazzam!" What have you got?

Second, I keep getting emails from the good people at Nanowrimo. I'm 100% certain I can't manage a full novel this year, but what do folks think about starting up another Storyball? I'm thinking the 2000 words every five days or so would help me stay on track with my revisions on HtDaS. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Opinions?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

I DID mean "interjections"! I've got the Schoolhouse Rock song running through my head to prove it!

Whoops.

I mean, pish-posh!

10/18/2006 1:35 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been a long standing proponent for "fiddlesticks," on the negative interjection side of things.

For positives? Goodness, but the mind boggles: groovy, swell, dynomite, crazy daddy-o.

Or, for astonishment, jeepers, golly, and geewillikers.

Used in a sentence:

"Jeepers, another NaNoWriMo Storyball? Groovy!"

10/18/2006 1:59 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Positives: "Huzzah!" "Cool!"

Negatives: "Frell!" "Dagnabbit!"

And,, re, Storyball -- "Yeah, baby!"

10/18/2006 4:11 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Lee said a couple of days ago he intends to begin using "crivens." But then I poked him in the side, and he didn't. Personally, I find there's still nothing as good as religion or bodily functions for cussing, obscenities tho' they are not.

I'm going to try a novel this year, but I'll try to do Storyball, too, if we can get that going...can we focus on a person this time, or a thing? Not that places are bad, but I don't want to get in a rut.

10/18/2006 11:30 PM

 
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Better late than never...I chime in with "Peachy wild."

10/24/2006 12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home