A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Still sick

Well, I'm still sick. Entirely snuffly and sleepy, and I wanted to pluck my eyeball out and dip it in cold water (although I made do with just taking out my contacts). On the plus side, I went to a Weight Watchers meeting this morning with the lovely Alisha, and was weighed as having lost 4.8 pounds. Since Tuesday! Now, I'm not entirely sure some of that wasn't clothing weight, but in any case -- go me! To celebrate, I walked home from the meeting across the park and hit the grocery store, buying some more hopefully-low-in-points food to make -- low cal Caesar salad in a bag, diet soda, a whole chicken to cook tomorrow to have all week, and treated myself to a box of 1-point Weight Watchers popsicles.

Also watched "Princess Mononoke" on DVD, with a mid-movie break for a nap, and then Keeley and I went out tonight with both Ali and Matt, for conversation that ranged from kids' books, roleplaying games, Project Runway, various scars and aliments, and superheroes. Good times.

Now, I think I'm just about ready to curl back up in my still-unmade bed, and go back to sleep. Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow. Or Monday. Soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lela said...

*hugs* Feel better soon, darlin.

7/16/2006 2:55 AM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Don't be sick! It's the weekend! Hope you feel better soon.

7/16/2006 3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home