A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My shopping idol, Becky Bloomwood

In her stunning memoir, "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan," Becky discovered an exciting new thing on which to spend money. I quote
I suppose I have been buying quite a bit of luggage recently. But the thing is, for ages I didn't have any, just one battered old canvas bag. Then, a few months ago I had an incredible revelation in the middle of Harrods, a bit like Saint Paul on the road to Mandalay. Luggage. And since then, I've been making up for all the lean years.
So yes, today, after thinking about finally getting my own rolling bag for a while, and lusting heavily after a very expensive bag in a chichi luggage store on Park Avenue, I was up in Westchester at my mom's, hit Kohl's in a search for some picture frames, and fell absolutely in love with a luggage set. It's purple. It was on sale. And it's by a company that makes shoes. I love it. I am now ready to be a true jetsetter.

Luckily, I have quite a few trips coming up. The only down side is, now that I have this nice new beautiful luggage, I have to make sure all my stuff fits in it when i travel. I mean, it's going to be MORE than fine for long weekends, even if I take a week somewhere. But when I go to Europe again on business this fall, and then take a week's vacation? Hmmm... maybe I should go back and get the bigger wheelie bag, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So...

You went out and bought the Mini-van. ;P

7/10/2006 9:48 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Pshaw! It's the sporty convertible of luggage!

7/10/2006 10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home