A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I think I'm going to need that boat

Was supposed to go see the NY Philharmonic in Central Park tonight, but the rain is coming down in buckets, and our building keeps getting rocked by thunderous rumblings (not, I presume, unlike the one that occurred two days ago a mere 6 blocks away during a ridiculously misguiding suicide attempt). I tell ya -- someone call Noah and start pairing up.

The fun of it all, of course, is that I am still going out tonight. Having moved our mind-expanding cultural picnic in the park to a much-more-like-me Irish bar downtown, I'm looking forward to an evening commute that resembles a triathlon: hurdling puddles at every street corner, dodging clueless umbrella-wielders on a shared sidewalk, and sodden subway surfing. Oh joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home