A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Gimme money! (for a good cause)

It's the dog days of summer, and with the balmy fall weather nearly upon us (say it ain't so!), I've gone and signed up for not one but TWO upcoming events. On September 18th, I'll be undertaking my second Danskin triathlon, and followed quickly by the Avon Walk on October 1st and 2nd. Yikes!
I don't want to use this blog to ask for money, so I won't, but if you're curious about what the causes are about, and other exciting stuff like that, please, read on.

The Danskin Triathlon
Once again, I'm part of Team Reluctant Divas raising money on behalf of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This year, we're taking part in the New York area event, which is located in Sandy Hook, NJ. Please head over here to read more about our team's progress, and note the link on the left side of the page to make an online donation. If you're interested more in helping cancer victims recover than boosting research funds, check out Casting for Recovery or follow the link on the Divas' page again. Casting For Recovery provides fly fishing retreats at locations around the United States, specifically designed for women who have or have had breast cancer, and enhances the lives of breast cancer survivors by offering no-cost retreats tailored to promote and support mental and physical healing, shared experiences, and the hope that comes from learning new skills. A cause worthy of the Divas!

Avon Walk
My second event (and third this year) is the two-day Avon Walk around NYC the weekend of October 1st and 2nd. Covering nearly forty miles and most of Manhattan, I'll be walking with my friend Matt, who recently lost his mom Shirley to cancer, as well as in memory of my friend Roseleen's mom Sheila. To help me along the way, please follow this link. Thanksfor reading through this, and let me know if you have any questions. Or just feel free to tell me I'm crazy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just wanted to give a greeting and tell you I like your blog.

1/09/2006 5:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home