A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Issues with a blog

Here's the thing with putting your diary online (well, a thing, at least):

People read it.

And sure, yeah, that's kinda the point, but once you've given the web address to folks, you never know when they'll check back to see what you're up to, and what you're thinking about. Because sometimes... you're thinking about them. And all your very girly self-doubting, overthinking, over-analysis is suddenly done very much in public. And so maybe then you feel weird about posting a "gee, did I do something wrong, why isn't he writing to me, is he ever going to come to see me, did I just do the exact same stupid thing I did earlier this year AGAIN?" entry. Totally hypothetical, of course.

And then comes the crushing depression of a Monday. *sigh*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it''s fucking gorgeous.

12/20/2005 2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home