A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday roundup

Mmmmmm. Friday morning of a nice long, four-day weekend. Lying in bed, taking it easy, enjoying the air conditioning and the peace and quiet. I have been incredibly bad in terms of updating here, though perhaps I've been going overboard updating elsewhere. But I have other things to talk about, don't I?

Uh, sure.

Ok, let's see. Well, I signed up for another Danskin Triathlon, which is something. Need to get the heck off my ass and back to the gym to pick up my training again.

Got a very nice compliment the other day when a stranger came up to me on the street corner on my way to work, told me I was adorable, gave me his card, and asked me out. Super start to a Monday, even if nothing further came of it.

Got another compliment too, from a guy I've been emailing and IMing, but I think I'll keep that to myself for now.

In sad news, I have to head up to Westchester this afternoon to go to a wake of a high school friend's mom. The funeral is tomorrow. I don't do well at wakes/funerals. Haven't, since... well, since I had to go to my dad's. But I get that they're for the family, so I'll be there. I owe that to my friend, who was there for me.

And on that downer note, I should get moving. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home