A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Assorted odds and ends

This summer's just flying past, isn't it? I don't even have something exciting to write about, and yet the time still manages to fly by. At least now I'll be able to take a week off to enjoy some of it -- since I don't have to save up all my vacation time for Europe in October, I can enjoy a summer week at the beach, or in the city, or... elsewhere. Enjoying other stuff.

I'm pretty much over being upset about not getting to take those two weeks off -- it's hard to stay mad when you get the reasons why, even if you think they're stupid, and especially when other things with work seem to be going so well. Had a meeting with the Senior Partner and a possible new author, and afterwards, the SP said to me, basically, if I wanted to sign her I should go ahead. I really like her nonfiction work -- and never thought I'd want to represent nonfiction, but it does fit into my "single girl in the city" niche of chick lit, to some degree.

And things on the children's front are going REALLY well too. Had lunch on Monday with an editor at S&S with his own imprint to fill, sent him a book, and he's already written back to say he's "really intrigued." Yay! Let the deals start rolling in!

In my own writing, I got some very helpful comments from my writers group on an extensive outline for a YA novel I wrote some time ago, which I'm now excited about working on again, and I have an editor interested in reading my YA superhero chick lit. Not at all based on CoH experiences, of course. Totally original. Yuppers!

*grins*

That's all for now. Oh, except for this. It's not out yet in the US, though it is in the UK. Schmoopie, want to pick it up for me? I know one of the contributors, and have been persuaded to help add to her royalties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home