A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Close to my Crazy

Had a really good night out last night with the roomie and two of my favorite geek buddies, and though, yeah, we spent a good portion of our dinner conversation talking about gaming, both online and face-to-face, and about my proposed gaming weekend house party in October, after dinner we moved to another bar, lost one of us to his wife, and settled in for a really pretty serious conversation about life and love and making big, important choices. I declared that I was "close to my crazy," because, yeah, I think that I am. I'll act on the weird ideas that I get, whether it's running off to Nova Scotia on a whim and a "sign" from the Powers That Be, arranging to meet in person a whole bunch of folks I've only talked to in a computer game, traveling by myself around Ireland, or whatever. It's something I do, that I love doing, that makes me feel better about myself every time I do it. Maybe, in serious retrospective, I can do this only because I don't have someone at home that I want to run back to all the time, that I need to spend time with. Or maybe I'm just going to be that type of person, for the rest of my life and even when I am (hopefully) in a real relationship, that can enjoy couple time and serious me time without either one feeling shortchanged.

I don't know where this was going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home