A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Back to work!

Sixteen days! That's an awful lot of time to go between blogs. Though, when I consider that those past 16 days have been super busy at work, and I was kept running and jumping from meeting to meeting to cocktail party to meeting... I don't feel quite so bad about it. Though I may have lost some of your sympathy with the whole "cocktail party" thing. But I swear, it was work related! All...(counts) 5, no 6 of 'em!

But I'm finally back to a normal schedule again at the office, and getting back to plowing through the paperwork that has piled up. I've got a nice stack of submissions to read, and offers to deal with, and just when I was really excited about this novel that I'm working on, and thought I might be able to get an auction going, so I turned down a nice pre-emtive offer thinking I could get a better deal with a lot of bids... well, now I don't have a lot of bids. Just one. And it's a third of the pre-empt I had before. Sigh. It's a crap shoot. And I can balance it with a very nice offer I got in another territory for another book, but I can't exactly say that to the author, can I? "Hi, sorry, I had a really nice offer for you, but I thought I could get an even better one, but I didn't, so here's 4,000 euros, but it's ok, cause I got $10,000 for someone else in France."

Yeah, that's not going to work. I have to go make some calls, see if I can fix this. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home