A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Denver weather

Perhaps I mentioned the other day when it snowed? In May? The blossoming trees in our backyard got a pretty heavy dusting. But then, like most of Denver's snow, it was gone.Anyway, it rained last night. A heavy downpour with thunder and lightning which continued into a pretty heavy shower this morning. The puppies, though their ears perked up when I said "outside," took one step out into the rain and came back inside. I don't blame them.

Now, the sun is out again (well, trying to get out) and the rain is drying on the back deck. What's the joke about weather? If you don't like it, just wait five minutes and it'll change. That's not Denver though -- where is it? Internets? help me out here.

Also, not exactly weather related, but cool full moon last night. I didn't see it, but I feel asleep to the cool blue glow coming in our bedroom window.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

The phrase about waiting five minutes if you don't like the weather is typically associated with Kansas.

Being a Kansan I can attest to the truth of the statement!

5/07/2008 8:53 PM

 
Blogger Lela said...

Soflo too. Rain one minute, blistering heat and sunshine the next.

5/09/2008 1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home