A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Secret Ten, Question #1

Woot! Doyce has taken up my challenge. He asks:
If #2 and #8 on your list have a dance-off, who wins?
Wow. These are two women not known for dance-offs. On the one hand, you have the terror of the Colonial Fleet -- is she a Cylon, or is she not? -- Kara Thrace, aka Starbuck.

On the other hand, yet another warrior, Alanna, from the eponymous series of YA adventure books by Tamora Pierce. For those of you not in the know, Alanna disguises herself as a boy in order to train to be a knight. Many adventures ensure -- four books worth in the first series, although I think she reappears in some of Pierce's other titles.

Now both of these women know from fighting, and in a space battle or jousting arena, my answer would be clear. In a dance-off, however? I think the edge goes to Starbuck, who's proved she's got some fancy footwork as a boxer. Alanna may try to take advantage of Starbuck's bad knee, but in the end, Starbuck will just show up in that cool dress from the Vice-Presidential election episode, and Alanna will crumble. And if she doesn't, I think Starbuck might shoot her. So there.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home