A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Wrap-Up

With plans for a trip down to Colorado Springs to spend the day with lots of friends curtailed by a snowstorm that seemed directly centered on our route, we spent a lovely Christmas at home, the little munchkin gleefully enjoying all her Christmas presents, with one of Doyce's friends over to help us enjoy some leftovers, play a newly expanded version of Catan, and watch the snowfall outside.

It was my first Christmas -- not without my family, exactly, but with my NEW family -- and though I missed some of the tradition of the day, it was nice to have the frredom to make our own way. To pick those parts of the traditions I love and find a way to integrate them into our own celebration.

The world is white outside right now, aside from red and green and blue and white lights decorating the houses, and from the next room, I can hear Doyce reading Kaylee one of her favorite bedtime stories. I'm already in my flannel pajama pants, looking forward to snuggling together on the couch with my sweetie to watch a movie.

It was a good day.

Merry Christmas, all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home