A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to School!

The temps may be in the mid-eighties today, but I've got that back-to-school feeling. It doesn't matter that I haven't actually GONE back to school in 13 years or so, but come that first "school" day after Labor Day, I have a yen to buy new pens and paper supplies, reorganize my closets, and pick out a first day outfit. In lieu of actually starting a new semester, I'm taking the opportunity to set a few new fall resolutions.

Item 1: Get up early! I'm not talking hours early, but just a pledge to not snooze my alarm for an hour. Today, I only hit that button twice, and was up and in the bathroom getting ready by 8:30, with plenty of time to shower, dry my hair, do my makeup, and make a sandwich for lunch, and still got to work early! Woot!

Item 2: Back on the Wagon!
The Weight Watchers wagon, that is. I've been letting things slide, stuck on my plateau, or allowing ice cream because, hey, it's summer. No longer. I'm back to tracking my points, having a bowl of cereal for breakfast, not a bagel sandwich, and upping my fruit and veggies intake. I made a big pot of meatballs for dinner last night, and I have lots of leftovers for dinners all week, so I'm not tempted by easy (and high point!) takeout. I have 15 more pounds to lose, and I will do it.

Item 3: Gym time!
Just because the triathlon is in the past doesn't mean there isn't another coming up in a year. In combination with Item 2, I'm pledging to keep up my biking, swimming, and running, as well as the NIA classes I love, and add in my weight training. I'd love to not have to do any alternations on my wedding dress except for length, and I've got a couple of inches still to go!

So that's my plan. Are you doing anything special at the change of season?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

My seasons run according to my stomach; we moved into late Fall about Aug 1 or so. But an excuse to have a mini-New Years sounds like a great idea. I may just make this up as I go along...

9/04/2007 6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally love your autumn resolutions. Mine are similar... but I added some organizing and time chaos control stuff to my fab fall list.

(another) deanna
www.deannakentmcdonald.com

9/04/2007 10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home