A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, August 03, 2007

SCBWI-ing it!

Sitting in an enormous ballroom in front of the famous intellectual heartthrob John Green and next to Lisa Yee, listening to Walter Dean Meyers talk about storytelling. There are over 900 attendees at the conference here, about half of whom are published. That's a good rate, if you consider all the people who want to write a book, who actively seek out more knowledge about the publishing process.

Sure, it's a little overwhelming if I think about all the writers here who'd love me to read their work and take them on, but it's encouraging, too. There's a good chance I can find someone great! Fingers crossed.

Plus, there's a lovely pool, and they gave me tickets for free drinks at the party tomorrow night!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home