A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Playing on both sides of the business

Looks like it's back to the drafting table for HtDaS, with another revision forthcoming. It gets better every time though -- or so I think.

In other news, I'll be at the SCBWI Winter Conference tomorrow, and somewhat out of touch. Looking forward to touching base with lots of fellow agents and editors I know, particularly at tomorrow night's VIP cocktail party. Woot!

I feel like I should provide some patented Advice From An Agent on the occasion, but all I can do is tell you what I hope for: that no writer corners me to tell an endless synopsis of their epic novel, "the next Harry Potter," and forces pages on me. Except that I hope to get some reading done of my own on the subway rides to and from the conference, I was thinking of not even bringing a tote bag, to make it easier to refuse material. I must remember business cards, though. But those fit in my purse.

Don't burn down the internets in my absence.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home