A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, December 11, 2006

New digs!

It's been a mad, crazy couple of days, but I've finally had the time to sit down and recap the latest and greatest adventures of your very own ktbuffy.

First of all, of course, is the big news. I moved! I never thought it would happen, but I've left the cramped confines of Manhattan for the roomier districts of Astoria, Queens. The roomie and I are mostly settled, in that all the big boxes are unpacked, the cable, DVR, and internet are set up, and I've placed all my shoes in the drool-worthy built-in shoe rack in my spacious new closet. Still have a few boxes of books to unpack, as well as little knicknacks and pictures frames to arrange, and we have to decide where several shelves and posters are being hung, but that's aesthetics, and more fun to do than unwrapping kitchen plates. Still, it needs to be finished by this weekend, since I have to decorate for Christmas, and for a cute, tiny little houseguest.

No, not Chester.

So that was Friday and most of Saturday. We also went back to our old apartment on Saturday afternoon to give it a last sweeping, toss out the old couch, and spackle up a few holes, as well as turning in the keys to our old super (or to his doormat, as the case may be). Now the fun of trying to get our security deposit back!

Saturday night, the roomie and I wandered over to a holiday party some friends were having at their swank apartment nearby, now only a mere 25 minute walk away. They served an artichoke cheese dip in a bread bowl that was orgasmic. Seriously. I MUST get the recipe. Spent some time hanging with friends new and old, enjoyed a few Maltesers until I made MMJ move the bucket away from hands-reach, and went to bed early.

Sunday was Wedding Day! No, not for ME. A very good friend married the love of his life in a beautiful ceremony with friends all around, as well as a great band. After much food and champagne and wedding cake was enjoyed, I headed into the city for the afterparty, and got to spend more time with the relaxed, happy bride and groom, and friends that I just didn't get enough time to talk with at the reception.

Finally, finally, I made it home again, watched Friday's "Battlestar Galactica," and slipped in between my new Ikea sheets and off to sleep.

Sometime soon I hope to catch up on everything I let myself fall behind on in the past few days, but for now, I'm happy just to be blogging again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHESTER SAYS:

I THINK I AM IN A SHOE BOX.

OH GOD, I AM IN QUEENS.

12/11/2006 3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home