A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Back to work today, and trying to tackle the large piles of books and emails that have piled up while I was gone. I think I have a system under control, though, so I'm giving myself a blog-break.

We landed back at JFK on Saturday afternoon, and got through customs and baggage claim and passport control without too much hassle (comparatively), met with our driver, then headed back to the glorious comforts of my apartment, and the stuffed DVR. Enjoyed my first American meal in weeks (yum, chicken roll!) and watched the season premiere of "Battlestar Galactica" before collapsing into insensibility at 10pm Eastern, or about 4am, according to my body's clock.

Sunday, though, we were up bright and early, had a giant delicious diner breakfast, and watched another episode of BSG before I took Doyce off to the airport for his trip home to Denver. And then I collapsed on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon watching "Heroes," "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," "Ugly Betty," "Gilmore Girls," "30 Rock," and "My Name is Earl." Much more still to see. There's a lot of tv on in two weeks, especially at this time of year. I'm also saving "Veronica Mars" for last, since those, alone among everything else I taped, I'll save even after I watch them. At least until the Season 3 DVD is released.

Today, my body still not adjusted properly, I woke up early (!) for work, got all gussied up in my favorite new suit, and spent a busy morning going through the above-mentioned piles. Hit my Weight Watchers meeting at lunchtime, and was highly gratified to learn that not only didn't I GAIN any weight while I was off in Europe, and not being as exact about counting points, but I went down another 3.8 pounds! Total weight lost so far: 34.4 pounds. Woot!

Still, no time to rest on my laurels, smaller though they may be. Back to work! When I get home again later and have time to put up a fuller photographic essay, I will do so!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home