A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

12 not-so-angry men & women

Relatively short entry here, as I'm sitting on the deck of the South Street Seaport, overlooking the East River, typing this on my blackberry.

I've been on jury duty this week, and most of my experience has been the typical one: sit around a lot, read, wait, listen to music (on my new iPod mini!), etc. Then I got picked for a jury pool. Then I got picked for a panel, sat through a bunch of questions that tested my ability to be an impartial juror, and not depend on what I've seen on TV shows like Law and Order or CSI to base my decision about the case, and then, I got picked for the trial.

So now I'm officially on a jury for what seems like it will be a pretty interesting case, which may take as long as three weeks or so. Three weeks of not being at work, and yet still trying to get all my work done. Woohoo - this should be all sorts of interesting!

Plus, I can't access my personal email account from here, or really browse the web, so I think I'll be going through a bit of withdrawl. But maybe I'll meet a nice lawyer to date. I mean, if I can't have a rodeo cowboy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home