A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, April 18, 2005

I want Want WANT...

So I was sitting in the steam room at the gym tonight, after a little swim, and I got to thinking about making a list. So here, in absolutely no particular order whatsoever, Things I Want.

I Want

  • To have my book published.
  • To have sex in a semi-public place.
  • You to want me.
  • To bring a guy to a family function.
  • To get married… someday.
  • To have front row tickets to an amazing concert.
  • A bike path that goes all around Manhattan without having to use streets at all.
  • To drop two dress sizes.
  • To be loved as I am.
  • New shoes.
  • Michael Jackson to be convicted.
  • To go to a baseball game with someone who loves the sport to explain it to me.
  • A pony! Or just to go horseback riding in Central Park.
  • Truly tasty calorie-free cookies.
  • To officially agent a book.
  • To understand what everyone is raving about.
  • To hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up again.
  • To converse in a foreign language.
  • To go to New Zealand, once it's no longer purely a LOTR tourist destination.
  • To feel that giddy spark of a new relationship again.
  • To throw a real punch someday, and make it count.

There’s more. I think this will be added to periodically. Considering that I started with only two of the things above, I don’t thing I’ve made that bad a start on it.

Also, because I wrote this once and think it's way too good to have been read only by a guy who's now on my DTM list, in answer to the question of "What else do you like?" I replied:


presents and ponies and Spike and vampires and chocolate and cozy winter nights and candles and the smell of vanilla and fresh cookies and licking the batter and rock meandering and shoes and boots and sandals and swing music and dancing and watching movies and cheesy blockbusters and curling up with a good book and being a geek and my friends and fuzzy sweaters and long, sweet kisses that make my head spin and shiny swords and sitting on a hot beach in the summer and a pint of cold beer and dancing on bars and feeling wanted and steam rooms and finishing a race and laughing and penguins and my nieces & nephew and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Irish rock and stepdancing and traveling by myself and flowers for no reason at all and adult snowball fights and taking pictures and boys and compliments and hugs and writing and watching tv and my family (sometimes) and my birthday and frosty beverages and fedoras and....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home