A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Things I want to do in the New Year

And links for useful stuff to remember.
  • Join the Newcomers Club in my soon-to-be-new-neighborhood. My sister's met a ton of people in her local Newcomers Group, and highly recommends it for meeting people -- something I'm very much looking forward to doing. Also, they play Bunco!
  • Take a class in Photoshop or something similar. I have Gimp on my computer at home now, but I haven't used it much at all. I want to really get in there and do some photo manipulating. I'm a little interested in learning how to do Flash animation as well.
  • Sharpen my ice skates and go skating!
  • Go swimming more often. Bike more. Run (at all). You know, train for a triathlon.
  • Take dance classes with my bear.
  • Remember all the crafty things I liked to do as a kid, and do them with Kaylee.
  • Learn how to make short videos with my camera and laptop. Share them.
  • Keep in touch with family and friends.
  • Redecorate. Use hand tools. Make a desk. Paint (a lot).
  • Read more.
There's probably more, but that's what I can think of right now. They're not exactly New Year's Resolutions, although I suppose you could call them that if you wanted to. What do you want to do in the next few months?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

I'd heartily recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements -- combining Adobe's strength as a photo editor with a solid photo library capability. Good stuff.

12/22/2007 11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home