A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, January 30, 2009

I think I've been tagged 25 times

So, for everyone on Facebook or around the blogosphere who's interested, here's some random facts you may not know about me. (Yes, I know I'm *supposed* to do 25, but I don't wanna.) And because I like a little order in my randomness, each fact will be a response to someone else's random fact about themselves, so you can not only get to know ME a little better, but you'll get to know some of my friends. I'm tricksy like that.

1. The first live concert I ever saw was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. My older sisters asked me to wait on line with them to get as many tickets as possible, and after I did all that, my dad made them include me. (via Kiki)
2. I was named after my mom, who had three girls before me and refused to name them after herself, but I suspect she ran out of names by the time she got to me. My confirmation name is the feminine form of my brother's name, and I had to have a little conversation with the nuns in order to take in. (via Jenna)
3. I'm really bad at cursing. I was playing an RPG once with friends and my character was supposed to be cursing up a blue streak, and all I could come up with was "Gimme another plate of this sh***y food." Yeah, they still make fun of me for that. (via Jen)
4. I prefer beer to wine, and though I like Guinness, I only drink it in Ireland (via Jeanine)
5. I loved living in a foreign country after college, and would love to do it again sometime -- a small cottage on the west coast of Ireland with wifi sounds divine. Something near Galway or Doolin. (via Stefania)
6. I performed off-Broadway in a pirate show. I was Anne Bonny and got to swing a cutlass. I miss stage combat A LOT. (via Lionel)
7. I think I wasted almost $200 on plants this year for the garden. I'm not used to planting things in the ground, and I;m horrible about watering things in pots. i can promise to be better about it next year, but is it worth it? (via Misa)
8. I always cry when I watch "White Christmas." (via Rachel)
9. I used to sneak trashy romance novels into my textbooks in middle school, and totally got caught in math class. (via Teresa)
10. I once had a dream and woke up knowing exactly what tattoo I would get if I ever got one, but I don't know if I ever would. I'm too indecisive and changeable to commit to one design on my body for the rest of my life. I love wearing temporary tattoos though, and getting henna. (via Janice)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Remind me sometime and I'll teach you the world's best "Do you ever curse? Really?" curse. It sounds like something an auctioneer would say in the middle of a bid, just to see if anyone's listening.

--And the novel thing reminds me of Kare Kano.

2/01/2009 9:16 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I had to do this, too. They just kept pushing me and pushing me and I got sick of it. (Thank you, Ben Stiller).

Speaking of, I wanna be your Facebook Friend. Lemme know how to find you. Here's me:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1078325534&ref=profile

Later!

2/05/2009 12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home